Submission Deadline: April 15, 2019
IEC instructors shape the future of the electrical industry by sharing their knowledge, expertise, and professional skills to educate generations of new electricians. This contest provides an opportunity for IEC instructors to inspire a greater number of apprentices and have the opportunity to win cash grants for their chapter.
IEC instructors can submit a video containing narrated audio that covers an objective of the IEC 4-year curriculum (see listing of lessons).
The video provides IEC instructors with an opportunity to showcase professionalism and quality training available from their local chapter.
The IEC Foundation will offer cash grants to be used by the chapter instructors. All judge's decisions are final*.
- $1,000 Chapter—1st place
- $1,000 Chapter—2nd place
- $1,000 Chapter—3rd Place
- $1,000 Chapter—4th Place
- $4,000 Instructor—1st Place
- $2,500 Instructor—2nd Place
- $1,500 Instructor—3rd Place
- $1,000 Instructor—4th Place
- $875 Instructor—Raffle Winners
Winning submissions will be used in the IEC 4-year online curriculum to enhance the content presented.
*Judging to be completed by selected Industry Partner, Foundation Board member, A&T committee member, IEC Instructor, and ATP production team member.
The Home Depot Pro Xtra Program
To submit content for this contest, please follow these 3 steps:
Each video submitted:
- Must cover an objective from a listing of selected IEC lessons (see listing below)
- Be no longer than 10 minutes in length
- Video quality
- Resolution: 720p (HD)—Quality Smartphone video also accepted
- Orientation: Landscape
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is required to show detail
- Tips: Using a tripod to maintain a steady shot is helpful. Any work environment, clothing, tools, and other resources displayed in the video must reflect a high level of IEC professionalism and quality.
- Raw video footage may be needed to allow for final editing
- IEC retains the right to use any/all submitted material in selected IEC CMS courses
- All submissions that receive a minimum 50% score based on the judging rubric, will be eligible for entry in the Wild Card Raffle.
- Each entry is eligible for only one award.
- Submission beyond the deadline will not be eligible for judging.